Vaillant timer VRT350F-VRT392F temperature question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My vaillant VRT 392F conked out so the engineer replaced with a like for like with a 350F as they no longer make the 392F.

My question is, my old 392F timer would allow me to not only set 3 timers per day but it would also allow me to set the temp of each of these 3 on/off settings. This would allow me to have it warmer in the morn than at night without manually setting the temp everyday.

Is it possible to do something similar ? I use the nightback temp very low for at night so I would have it running something like this
5:30-8:30 21c
8:30-14:30 18.0c
14:30-22:00 19.5 or 20c
nightback 15c
then weekends would be diff as people are home then.

I specifically bought the 392F 4 years ago for so I had the option to set the temp of each timer. Am I missing something with the 350F ?? or do each timer have to be set to the same temps ?

Sponsored Links
Didn't the installer leave the Operating Instructions with you?

Yeah I've got the manual but I find it strange you can't control the temp of each of the 3daily timer settings.

After digging deeper and looking at all the vaillant timers it seems for some unknown reason this option has been removed. You can now set the timer to turn on/off 3 times a day but only at 1 set temperature.Considering the menu options the timers have (page after page) one of the mainoptions i. e , temperature control option has been removed, brilliant idea that. Someone got actually paid to think that up

Sponsored Links
Correct you can't, mad ain't it?

too right, you would think that controlling the different temps throughout the day would be take priority when designing the SW for a controller. Seems like it takes second place to 20 languages and a timer for when I'm away which is never as all my monies is spent on the boiler.

Are there any other compatible timers on the market that fit the boiler (have a radio receiver) or are compatible with the VRT350F radio receiver that's already in in the boiler ?

I'm not sure if it can be used on your setup but have you considered the nest / hive wireless programmers?

they have iphone apps and lots of options?

I've not tbh , I just thought it would be a simple like for like. Vaillants answer was "We have swapped out with a better controller" they are wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back