vaillant turbo max vuw 242/1 e , no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i know there seem to be a lot of these posts but am afraid i have gotten lost and need some help please . . .

i have a 'vaillant turbo max vuw 242/1 e' and the hot water has suddenly stopped working and hasnt worked for over a week now.

CH appears to be working fine, rads nice and hot straight away.

symptoms,

running hot tap with Centeral Heating off has no effect, demand light does not illuminate and boiler does not fire.

same also with CH on, no demand light and constant ice cold water from hot tap

pressure is between 1.5 - 2 bar

i have attached a picture showing my boiler with a microswitch arrowed . . . . .

View media item 27955
if i press and hold it with CH off and the hot tap running the hot water demand light illuminates and the boiler fires,
ice cold water still flows from the hot tap . . . i think there is hot water going to the rads tho? they seem to get hot

if i press and hold the microswitch with the CH on and the hot tap running the hot water demand light again illuminates and the boiler makes the usual sounds as if it is switching from CH to heating the hot water but the tap still runs ice cold . . .

do i have a faulty diverter valve? and is it the brass bit that the 'arrowed' microswitch is attached to?

or am i barking up the wrong tree?

i apologise in advance if i have missed a thread with the answer

thanks

martin

Sponsored Links
The diverter has failed. Most likely it is just the hw diaphragm thats perished. Your call whether you just change that or the whole diverter.

The diverter has failed. Most likely it is just the hw diaphragm thats perished. Your call whether you just change that or the whole diverter.

in that case id like to replace the diaphragm, could u point me towards a guide or somekinda instructions how to replace it please?

would be very much appreciated

thanks 4 the quick reply

Sponsored Links
instructions are in the kit ;)

be carefull if it has the black plastic body on the water section (they have a habit of cracking) :cry:

ok, thanks.

is the diverter the brass thing that i hav arrowed in the pic?

great thanks,

ill order and hopefully my next post will be 2 say thanks its all working lol

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back