Vaillant Turbomax 282/1E - Hot water on and off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I turn the tap on the boiler fires up, correct lights appear and I get hot water. then the Lights go out in sequence (1) Fan, (2) Ignition and (3) Flame. and the water goes cold - very annoying when in the shower. Then the lights come back on again in the same sequence and hot water reappears. This continually occurs. I have witnessed the microswitch working on the diverterer valve when hot water is turned on so that seems ok. ANY IDEAS?

Sponsored Links
Possibilities are air pressure switch failure (APS), quite common on some Vaillants, others may be able to help further - I don't fit Vaillants, or anything foreign (I'd like my kids, and yours, to have jobs one day).

Another possibility may be that the flame has not been detected by the controls board, or that the fan is worn-out/running too slowly.

In all these cases it's a job for a Gas Safe registered fitter as opening up the case is interfering with the integrity of the flue sealing (case seals).

MM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back