vaillant TURBOmax 282 - no hot water unless heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Simple one for you smart lads.

Someone I know has the common problem stated above. There is also water dripping out of the overflow pipe. When I select HW only, the light comes on for a second and goes off and boiler doesn't fire. My initial thouht was diverter valve but on searching found it could also be the microswitch. How could I establish which one it is?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If the light comes on momentarily it is not the microswitch. It will be the diverter valve; service kits are available, but I would recommend a complete new unit. (Part No 011289)

Not the easiest DIY job and you may damage the main heat exchanger if you get too heavy handed. But no big shakes, you should get it supplied and fitted by a RGI for around £200. Gas pressures can creap up on the gas valve, again best to get a pro to service the boiler at the same time.

Holy **** guessman must be cheap in the Falklands lol!! Part retail £170+ vat going rate round here suply an fit £270+ vat

Sponsored Links
I thinmk that I charged about £264 inc for the last one that I did.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back