vaillant turbomax plus 824 leaking poor hot water & heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler had leaked from under left side and display locked to f2 code.
Pressure just under 1 on gauge . Engineer called and changed diverter valve. Water in conections/ electrics ?

The boiler is working again showing no codes in display but in faults menu lots of f2 and f3 .Water is going from warm to cold and back again.

Called engineer again he said they all do that . Need a second opinion or even a third ! I have been busy at work so cant take another day off , just get get all ntcs heat exchanger and wire/loom tree changed (recommend by a retired corgi ) ?

Or is it time for a new vaillant boiler any recommendations or ones to avoid ?

Sorry if my post is long or rambling any questions will try to answer later thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hot to cold water is usually a blocked heat exchanger!

Odd reply from your engineer though. It does not sound as if he wants to see you again. Or perhaps you just expect him to repair another pre-existing fault free of charge?

These are perfectly repairable boilers.

Tony

Hot to cold water is usually a blocked heat exchanger!

Odd reply from your engineer though. It does not sound as if he wants to see you again.

I think you maybe right!

Or perhaps you just expect him to repair another pre-existing fault free of charge?

These are perfectly repairable boilers.

Tony/Agile nothing is free in life you pay for things one way or another !
I dont mind paying for things but i am time poor right now!

How much is a new heat exchanger and leaking diverter valve common on the boilers ?

Leaking diverters are not common but sometimes happen.

The plate HE can be cleaned or a new one is about £80.

Just because you feel poor does not mean the engineer is going to come unpaid. But I expect you ring fence nice holidays and cars!

I have not seen your boiler and it just could be something else.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Any Vaillant experts offer any advice on f2 f3 codes ?

Will add thanks to your comments have found the thanks button :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back