Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E removing plate heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After reading various forum posts, it seems likely that my plate heat exchanger is blocked and needs cleaning. I couldn't find any instructions to remove it, is it just a case of pulling the 3 wire clips and undoing the (awkward) nut? Also, is this legal for a DIYer?

Thanks in advance
insx

Sponsored Links
I should have read the manual first :)

Having done that, I'm wondering if removing the diverter valve and pump is really necessary. Is that just to allow better access?

Also, I'm seeing conflicting posts about whether the washer and o rings are standard or special. Where can I get them and what do I ask for?

Don't even attempt it mate there a right bastard to get off an even worse to get back on, even with the right tools most pros struggle with this job I'm Afraid if yr in Essex use this company (it's not me) **************

Sponsored Links
Oh, I wasn't expecting that. Some posts suggested that it was relatively easy.

It is a bit harsh when you recommend the best person for the job.

Don't agree with advertising ourselves (I wasn't the person mentioned either); but if a professional poster here recommends a company - ESPECIALLY one that doesn't contribute here; then where's the harm?

Hopefully the OP saw the link, but if not - googling "Vaillant servicing North London" brings the chap up pretty close to the top - although I know another chap that covers that area who used to be a Bunnyman.

Goes by the name of Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back