Vaillant TurboMax Plus 828E - Taking long time to heat water up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction ? My boiler seems to be taking a long time to heat water up ,before it was taking roughly 5 seconds now its more like 2/3 minutes.

Central Heating seems fine Though.

Ive noticed i have to let the hot tap run for about 2 minutes before the boiler detects there is a need for hot water and the green light starts flashing , it will then ignite and take maybe a further minute to start heating up properly.

Seemed fine till recently.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Poss dirt in the aqua sensor or maybe the veins/impellors inside sensor are broken. Can be dismantled by taking the circlip off the front. Turn off cold supply to boiler first. Try and drain out water from hot tap, or you will get wet when you dismantle a/sens.

You can test aqua sensor with multimeter. Test the 3 wire connector near sensor - leave connector connected. Black probe to middle black wire and red + probe to red wire should be approx. 4.6V. Turn hot tap on and take red+ probe off red wire and put onto green wire. Should be approx. 2.3V. If not sensor is at vault.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back