Vaillant VC GB 182 EH problems-Help needed?!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having problems with the above boiler. Essentially, the boiler is not igniting. Under the cover, what appears to be the power switch is illuminated in red but as there is no manual/user instructions i've not idea what that means (except there is power). There is also a small plastic "push in" button and a black dial. If I switch the power switch off and on, will the boiler start working again? If not, does anyone have a solution? Sorry for the remedial questions but I am a complete moron when it comes to central heating issues!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Sponsored Links
I am wondering if this model has an o/h stat which may have tripped.

Has the water pressure been allowed to fall to zero?

Is it currently betweee 1-2 Bar?

"Bint" is Arabic word for daughter. Also WWII army slang for "woman".

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response (and for the definitions of Bint!). It's currently about 1.25 bar and hasn't fluctuated from this as far as i'm aware.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't work on either and I can't hear the fan or pump running. When I put heating/hot water on constant (on timer) nothing happens. Usually, when it was working i'd hear the fan and then it sparking/igniting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back