Vaillant vc gb242-eh diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

the diverter valve between CH and HW appears to be playing up as the CH doesn't always fire up after HW has been used. Can anyone tell me how quickly the diverter should move please. When the HW is on it moves quickly with the pin moving out and pushing the microswitch(s) open. When it is switched off is moves back very slowly (a minute or more) before the microswitch connects again and the boiler fires up again.

I'm not sure if this is normal operation and if not whether it is the valve that is at fault or the servo driving the valve.

any views?

thx

Sponsored Links
9 times out of ten it is the servo not fully returning after HW demand even 1mm makes all the difference, Could also be the pin in the water section not fully returning thus stopping the servo from getting all the way back

Sponsored Links
Boiler stopped working completely yesterday with the diverter not returning at all.

Before getting an engineer back in who had suggested the diverter needed replacing, I decided to look at the servo. Took it off and stripped it down. The insides were clogged with muck. Clean it out and put it all back together and its working great now (hopefully I'm not tempting fate). The muck must have been blocking the hydraulic pipes from the servo to the diverter preventing it from moving.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back