Vaillant VCW 242 parts!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get a Water Section Repair Kit for a Vaillant VCW 242 EH??? I have a suspicion that the diaphragm may be going! Is there not also other seals that may need replacing?? I know I can buy the diaphragm seal (not sure which is the proper part No. though) but not sure about any of the other bits I may need. I can buy the water section for nearly £100 which seems a bit steep if it's only a bit of rubber that needs replacing!!!

Many thanks!

Phil :D

Sponsored Links
I think there is a complete kit for that valve.

However, commercially I always replace the whole valve on that model as there are other parts which fail. Then I know that I am not going to get called back to do another repair free.

I suggest you just replace the diaphragm on its own as a cheap repair.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony.

As it's my boiler, that is not a problem! If it goes wrong again I will just mend it again. My time is cheap :D
My next problem is finding the right bit of rubber. The part number in my manual doesn't seem to match the numbers found on 'tinternet
:mad:
Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back