Vaillant VCW GB 240H - five years later

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. This forum helped me solve a problem with my combi boiler 5 years ago when I had a highly informative as well as entertaining extended diagnostic exchange with some of the experts here. You solved my problem - a knackered water section diaphragm, and I've had 5 years of trouble free heating and hw as a result.

But now it's on the blink again! The problem (like last time but not exactly the same) is that the hot water has over the last 6 months got progressively cooler, and now its lukewarm and barely liveable with.

5 years ago I had a new heat exchanger and a new diaphragm. Nothing has been replaced since then. The vital statistics now are as follows:

Hot water flow rate - 8 litres per minute which I understand is about right.

Gas rate (hot water only) 23kw
Gas rate (ch only) 25.5kw
Gas rate (hw and ch) 23kw

The nominal output for this model is 24kw

There does not appear to be any leakage from hw into ch - ch pipes do not warm up with hot tap on.

I've just recently had the boiler serviced and all was fine - perhaps the engineer (who has since emigrated to Denmark) has messed with something?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Btw my previous name was Grimly Feendish and if you look up the exchange it was quite funny (or I thought so!). I expect all those chaps are no longer with us?

Thanks v much.

Eckhart

Sponsored Links
Wasn't Grimly Feendish banned from the forum?

Oh, and FULL MARKS TO NAMSAG for spotting my dual identity!!!! Scrufflepeck is indeed the alter ego of Grimly Feendish. He cunningly acted as agent provocateur (and dangerously incompetent gas installer) in order to keep interest alive and the posts lively, so we got there in the end!!

Thanks all!!

Grimly Feendis

Sponsored Links
Oh, and FULL MARKS TO NAMSAG for spotting my dual identity!!!! Scrufflepeck is indeed the alter ego of Grimly Feendish. He cunningly acted as agent provocateur (and dangerously incompetent gas installer) in order to keep interest alive and the posts lively, so we got there in the end!!

Thanks all!!

Grimly Feendis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back