Vaillant VRC 430 issue ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've newly had a Valliant Exclusive combi boiler installed and all worked fine, without a controller installer that is.

The plumber came back and fitted the vrc 430 and now its seems i have a few issues. (He didnt know how to configure it so its now with me !)

The vrc appears to be stuck in 'basic mode' i.e the mode where you can program the times boiler to come on. Does anyone know how to get it back in default mode (the mode where it just has the temperature and auto/manual)

Also since the boilers been installed we now have clicking noises from the radiators (radiators were existing - approx 20yrs old) i've bled them but they still seems noisy ? Any ideas ?

Oh and to add to that my tap in the sink appears to be leaking from the extra pressure from the combi boiler !!

Help !!

Sponsored Links
VRC 430 Manual

Do you have thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs)?
Is the clicking noise coming from the TRV?
Check that the TRV is fitted the correct way round. If it has two arrows at right angles on the metal body, it can be either way round. But if there is only on arrow, it has to point into the rad on the flow and away from the rad on the return (the flow side gets hotter first).

Presumably you did not have a combi before, so the hot tap at the sink was fed from the hot water cylinder. Now it is fed from the mains, via the combi, so the water pressure is much higher. Try changing the washer on the tap. If that fails, you may have to change the tap.

Thanks for the reply. No there are no trv valves fitted just the normal restrict the flow style 'ends'. Also it may be worth mentioning before they did the 'powerflush' and changed the boiler for a combi i had no noises from my radiators or pipes and they were working perfectly before - i.e scalding hot rads. I did mention the noises to the plumber but he said as it was flushed the pipes will get hotter and expand more thus the clicking type noises and that i would need to get new 'unrestricted' pipework to stop the noises.

I looked in the VRC manual it just says how to go from the 'default' menu to the 'basic' not the other way around. Mine seems to be stuck in the basic menu. I'm just trying to avoid rining the 0906 vaillant number !

Follow the instructions and go into the installer level. The preset code is 1000.

You may be able to change it from there.

Sponsored Links
I can get to the installer menu with the default code i just cant see where to change it. I'll have another look at the instructions tonight. Thanks for your help.

Has anyone any ideas on the noisy radiators. The noise sounds like - slow tick tick tick then fas tick tick then slow tick, etc. Sounds silly i know but i had this in my old house and its irratating !

I can get to the installer menu with the default code i just cant see where to change it. I'll have another look at the instructions tonight. Thanks for your help.

Has anyone any ideas on the noisy radiators. The noise sounds like - slow tick tick tick then fas tick tick then slow tick, etc. Sounds silly i know but i had this in my old house and its irratating !

has the ch output been correctly range rated using d.0? Having this set correctly will reduce the thermal shock/expansion and therefore noise.

Is the 430 mounted in the front of the boiler, if so you should have trv's fitted as you have no control over room tempreture

The 430 still acts as a room stat when on the front of the boiler, but TRV's should have been fitted anyway.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I have no idea how I would check if the central heating was rated ? What's d .0 ?

Oh and the rads weren't replaced just the boiler so no trv's fitted.

Thanks for the help everyone !

Your installer sounds pretty incompetant the system should be Fully commisioned including the 430 has the heating curve been set, have the rads been balanced. has the benchmark form been completed.trvs should have been fitted to comply with building regs

I have spoken to the installer and he says he's done all that he needs to.

As far as i know no benchmark has been completed and the radiators weren't touched except to be bled.

Also does anyone know if you should be able to run two hot taps at the same time on a combination system ? Does it work that if i turn one hot tap on full the other hot tap has NO water coming out of it ?

The boiler does work and i do get heating and hot water at the times i expect.

What would people suggest as the current plumbers not interested at all. Are there any plumbers in surrey that know the valliant well ?

your installer is an idiot by the sounds of it, have you checked his GAS SAFE REGISTER number to make sure he is legal? also you will need a gas safe certificate which should be in the post, sounds like your mains water isnt good enough to support a combi boiler full stop

I've got reciepts and a gas certifcate and i've seen his cards so i guess he's ok.

I get lots of pressure from any given tap if its the only one turned on. By loads of pressure i mean if i turn the tap on full it will splash lots of water out of the sink but if i turn two taps on (hot) i get nothing out of one of them, but full pressure out of one. Is this not normal ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back