Vaillant VRC 430f really slow!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. As part of a new boiler install I have the VRC 430F controller. I can’t believe how frustratingly slow this thing is! For example if I scroll to the heating time section the backlight actually times out before it displays the times the heating it set for. I’ve never known as controller so slow.

Sometimes I think there isn’t any heating set to come then wonder why it’s on and I just didn’t give it enough time to update.

It takes 3-4 attempts to change the temperature as it doesn’t register you’ve entered a change in temperature for so long so pressing enter makes no difference.

Really not impressed at all and hoping I just have a faulty unit. Can anyone confirm if you have experienced this or not before I go back to Vaillant?

Sponsored Links
What is the signal strength on your unit? Mine can take about 20 seconds to update and then I can change whatever I want pretty much instantly.

Hi all. As part of a new boiler install I have the VRC 430F controller. I can’t believe how frustratingly slow this thing is! For example if I scroll to the heating time section the backlight actually times out before it displays the times the heating it set for. I’ve never known as controller so slow.

Sometimes I think there isn’t any heating set to come then wonder why it’s on and I just didn’t give it enough time to update.

It takes 3-4 attempts to change the temperature as it doesn’t register you’ve entered a change in temperature for so long so pressing enter makes no difference.

Really not impressed at all and hoping I just have a faulty unit. Can anyone confirm if you have experienced this or not before I go back to Vaillant?

I do not have the wireless 430F which I think you have, but I installed the VRC430 (hard-wired eBUS) last autumn.

I have been impressed by it as a functional programming unit. I like being able to step quickly and easily through various "zones" and functions and adjusting a whole week's schedule at a single adjustment.

It does, even the non-radio version, take a few seconds to register a change of input, and I suspect the boiler itself can take up to two minutes to react to the new instruction set. Effectively one must be "re-programming" the computer in the boiler/430 units, and we are not dealing with a high speed operating system!

I suspect, but do not know, that the wireless version introduces further delays as it will have to go through various handshake procedures etc each time new information is sent.

I think a bit of patience will be needed, but I don't know how long you are having to wait. Certainly I have never had the backlight time out while I am awaiting a response or change on the display that I am expecting.

regards
smokebox

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back