Vaillant VRT 350F wireless thermostat showing Zero

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20201210_183139.jpg
Hi

I've recently had this installed and it started showing a lower temperature earlier today. I checked the batteries and now it shows Zero.

It's currently in Automatic mode but the heating will not come on.

I assume the Thermostat is broken, but my immediate issue is how do I disconnect the VRT 350F remote controller so I can go to manually control the boiler so we don't freeze...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It looks like there is no temperature set, have you tried setting a time and temp in the auto settings or failing that go to manual mode ?

That large 0.0 C should be showing the actual temperature of the room it is in - obviously the room is not at freezing point. The room temperature sensor is inside the unit in your photo.

As a first step, I would try - going into the menu and try a 'factory reset'. You might need the installer code, which by default is '0000'.

Sponsored Links
Your right chris, it might be the system switched off , to the op have you pressed any buttons on the main menu ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I know sensors when they fail often show 0°C, we use to program our machines so if the heater showed zero it would switch off, it was a safety feature, which caught me out, as I thought if showing zero heater should be on. As to if the domestic thermostat manufacturers also include that in their software I don't know, since you could actually get zero it seems unlikely.

Any other temperature I would say manual reset etc, but zero likely need a new thermostat, that is the temperature shown when the sensor fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back