vaillant vsmart not learning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a new ecotec boiler and vsmart installed 5 weeks ago asnd my temperatures vary wildly. it takes ages to heat up then goes so cold i have to manually increase the temperature. sometimes it never reaches temp till i increase it by 0.5 deg then its boiling and temp on controller not moved. any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Sometimes your better giving it some manual settings rather than trying to get it to learn.

On the app, go to the Advanced settings:
Turn "Heating Prediction" to Off
Tell it your heating type is "Radiators" (if it is)
Set the heat curve manually, this setting may vary wildly depending on your individual system and house, so if in doubt I suggest starting high (heat curve of 4 to 4.5) and run the system like this, if you find the place heats up very quick and the radiators are warmer than you really need them to be, lower it by 0.2 at a time and see how it changes, you should have it pretty spot on for your own preferences within a few days to a week.

Also ensure the thermostat unit is kept in one position somewhere central in the house so it gets an accurate and reliable temperature reading as the house heats up.

thank you I'll give it a go. my only worry then is will it lower the output to match heatloss, as brochuire says

thank you I'll give it a go. my only worry then is will it lower the output to match heatloss, as brochuire says

Yes. That is the "heat curve" setting. That will still alter the heat output based on the outside temperature. So say its set at 3. You would find the Radiators say at 70*c when its 5 degrees outside, but only at 40*c when its 15 degrees outside. What this is set to as I say will depend on your property and installation but a little trial and error to get it comfortable for you, then the system will automatically alter the load and temperature of the boiler based on the weather.

Sponsored Links
thank you that makes sense, so everythnuing heats up quicker and therefore on colder days the house gets up to temp easier ands holds it

thank you ScottishGasMan, my house is transformed. what exactly is predicttion then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back