Vailliant VCW 242 EH not firing up?

its the bit in your first pic you need to dismantle (water section)

while your changing the diaphram give it a good clean and grease the pin ;)
Hi kev!
Thanks fr your reply!
So I just have to disconnect 4 nuts and remove the water section of the boiler right?
Will the servo valve come out too or do I have to unscrew it??
I have notice there r some small pipes attached to water section , how do I remove that n do I have to remove it!

Sorry I m hassling u but I want know for sure before I start the job! Can u write me up a procedure if u r free please!!!

Do I get the diarphragm or the diaphragm with the kit?

Sponsored Links
the small pipes just unscrew
if you look at the pic i posted under the servo valve is a rusty looking screw you need to unscrew that as well

you probably won't need to remove the servo valve

be careful with the screws in the water section they can be a right SOB to get out

been a while since i did one if ive missed anything im sure one of the regulars will let you know ;)

It could b a duff diaphragm in the divertor but need more info check the microswitch assembly on the end of divertor it should move fully to the right within a second breaking both the switches Don't worry about the wire the instructions say it should b cut this is to keep the temp lower to reduce scaling it's on the middle pcb on lhs as u look down on usually brown
Hi bunny man

Would you know the procedure on opening up the water section of boiler to change the damaged diaphragm?
Your help will be much appreciated!!!
Do I unscrew all four pipes that is connecting to water section below the servo valve? And do I need to remove the small pipes?

A detailed procedure would be nice!

Thanks

sounds to me like diverter valve diaphram as said earlier.. saying that though, you should check the flow switch.
Can anyone help me on this topic??? I want to know the procedure on openingup the water side of the boiler to replace the damaged diapraghm!!! Help please

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back