vailliant vcw240gbh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Having issues with hot water only coming out lukewarm and burner flame yellow/orange rather than nice blue,heat exchanger badly sooted up, after removing and cleaning heat exchanger problem resolved itself for a period of 4-6 weeks then lukewarm water again, with heat exchanger badly sooted again, do i need a new heat exchanger or could it be another underlying problem, rads nice and hot,boiler fires up first time, water pressure is at 1.5 bar operates on hot water only and hot waterand heating,
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Most likely another problem, for which you'll need a Gas Safe Registered Engineer, as it's not a DIY job

The 240 is conventional (open) flue and will kill you if allowed to burn with a sooted heat exchanger. Assuming this isn't a wind up.

Hi Andrew,
you say most likely another issue any idea what, I would not attempt to do the job myself, but get the engineer back that serviced the boiler last year,
Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Hi Tibbort,
boiler only serviced 7 months ago and given the all clear will call engineer to have a look at any idea what the issue might be, dont want to get ripped off or offererd a boiler replacement unless abbsolutley neccesseray, - boiler is approx 20 years old though, regulary serviced and no issues until 3 months ago.
Cheers

DO NOT USE THE BOILER UNTIL THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED.
YOU MAY WELL KILL YOUR FAMILY.
ON YOUR HEAD BE IT.!
Jeff

As Jeff said! The 240 is an excellent unit but deemed obsolete by manufacturers now... If this has sooted again turn it off leave it off an get someone in asap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back