Valiant 210 v Heatrae Sadia megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Given the choice which would you go for? Bear in mind the cost of installation plus running costs plus servicing costs.

Many thanks[/list]

Sponsored Links
neither, your paying for the name with both, and in the megaflo buying a designed in fault.
Look as kingspan, OSO, santon or even plumbcentre own brand for better value and equal quality.

Out of the two you have mentioned the Vaillant, but as Micky hsas said you are paying for the name.
If you want/need one with built in expansion, then the OSO is a very good option.
If external expansion is acceptable then the plumbcenter own centerstore cylinder is good. It is a rebranded santon anyway.RM cylinders are good value for money also.

More importantly, than any make of cylinder, is the fact that it should be installed by a suitably qualified installer, that holds their unvented ticket.

Graham

Sponsored Links
the thing to look for is coil size, vaillant has a huge 20kw coil where as the others I am not so sure about.

when I install cylinders I use twin coil ones (except vaillant) to ensure that there is maximum heat transfer...

I wouldn't use a Megaflo either, the floating baffle doesn't do what the patent says, ie: stop the water and air mixing. Therefore it is pointless, Heatrae Sadia know this, but their marketing disingeniously claims it works.

The Vaillant and Kingspan, OSO etc are good.

I would avoid RM; had significant warranty problems and they have never paid up. 3 duff new cylinders in the last two years, all leakers. If you are reading this RM, it's no good sending another out, that isn't my idea of a warranty - it doesn't fit itself. :eek:

Many merchants push RM; its because they are the cheapest. Wonder why.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back