Valiant Combi Boiler - Removing Radiators.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to drain down two radiators on the direct system that I have.

One of the radiators is in a room that I'm in the process of decorating and want to move it so that the wall can be plastered . Would I need to drain the system down completely?

The other one is in the kitchen where i want to remove the wall and want to take it out completely. Obviously I'll be making good the pipe work under the floor. If I have to drain the system then there will be a loss of inhibitor(Fernox) but this I assume can be replaced quite easily?

Regards

Sponsored Links
One of the radiators is in a room that I'm in the process of decorating and want to move it so that the wall can be plastered . Would I need to drain the system down completely?

no just close the valves and drain the rad into a tray

The other one is in the kitchen where i want to remove the wall and want to take it out completely. Obviously I'll be making good the pipe work under the floor. If I have to drain the system then there will be a loss of inhibitor(Fernox) but this I assume can be replaced quite easily?

this is a drain down or another option is freeze the pipes
why not do both at once and save messing about :idea:

Kev Plumb thanks for the help on this problem.

I have another query. I've drained down the radiators which has caused the pressure to drop in boiler ( Vaillant eco tec 35) but when I run the hot tap it's cold. Can I have hot water coming out without having the radiators on?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back