valiant ecoplus - radiators coming on but very low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help. i have set the thermostat to over 20 but it wont go to higher than 17. radiators are on but very low, i have turned all rad thermostats up. there is no fault sign but s7 pump overrun showing and radiator sign flashing. the temp is about 29 on the display. i turned the rad dial to about half way as recommended but the dials are very flimsy so not sure they are turning. hot water seems ok. any ideas gratefully received. thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you turned the lower knob on the boiler front panel up and down. When turned it should display the target temperature for the central heating water.

Make sure it's set to at least a little above 60 degrees to start with, then run the central heating to see how long it takes the water to actually rise to that temp on the display. Then see whether the boiler can hold that temp without overshooting it and switching itself off before the radiators have had a chance to get hot.

thanks for replying, yeah i think that is where the prob is as that dial with the radiator picture turns around but doesn't seem to change the temp which is only on 29. the dials are very flimsy bits of plastic that just comes off in my hand! any ideas how to fix them? i am right in thinking its this one that changes temp? many thanks

Sponsored Links
it keeps saying S8 which is anti-cycling mode, any ideas what that is and how to turn it off? many thanks

The anti cycling mode is a time delay that stops the boiler coming back on too soon after it's just stopped firing. It's an efficiency thing.

Until the temperature dial can be fixed and set much higher the boiler is only going to come on for very short periods and the anti cycling could keep it off for up to a maximum of 20 minutes. :(

yeah you are all right had a service tonight for £65 and he said both plastic spindles snapped so i was turning knobs but hey weren't turning inside. he has turned them internally but charging 27 plus 50 labour to fix. i reckon i could get them myselves and fit them if i can find out the exact name from valient. what da reckon? this forum is great thanks for all help.

brill thanks again. bought a pack and with delivery was only £12 and really easy to fit. thats the good news the bad is the engineer said there is another £300 worth of jobs on it due to neglect over the last year years but at least we are warm for now. thanks for everything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back