Valiant ecotec pro 28-problem after install today f61 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, My elderley mother had this boiler installed today and it was running fine for about an hour but my mother has called me round and it is showing a fault code of F.61.
I cant get hold of the installer until Monday morning, is this a common fault ?..is there anything thatI can do for her ?
Tried the reset with no joy.
I am thinking that if her intstaller calls in the maker of the boiler it wiil be at least Tuesday before they will visit ?
Kind regards......Ted

Sponsored Links
F61 is a rare fault and means the gas valve (or pcb) is fooked, Ring Vaillant asap, they are trying a same day visit pilot. You may get lucky.

1 gas valve control defective (+ contact)
2 Short circuit/earth leak in cable loom to gas valves
3Defective gas valve
4Defective P.C.B./electronic fault

Contact Vaillant to remedy.

This seems to be a genuine manufacturer's fault.

Does anyone know if this boiler has a bridge rectifier encapsulated in the plug on the gas valve lead?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Boiler installed on a Saturday?

I do hope this was a genuine installer and not someone working on the side and usually employed during the week!

Jewish laws say no work on a Saturday. British culture say no work on a Saturday ( or Sunday ).

Hi, Yep it's a genuine installer.
I guess we will just have to wait for the makers of the boiler to call.
Regards......Ted

Ok, The Valiant man came out and changed the pcb.
all fine now
Thanks guys......Ted

Assuming he came out on Wednesday then a three day wait at a quiet time is disappointing.

The same day visit pilot was missed twice!

I would find it very frustrating having to wait three days before I could visit a customer. Twice I have attended within 20 minutes and once I was there three minutes after customer called. He was so impressed he even told his neighbour!

Also shows that even Vaillant have the occasional PCB fault. Thats fairly rare now though.

Tony

Thanks Tony, To be fair to them they came out on Tuesday (we rang them Monday morning)
Mum said the Valiant man was a bit grumpy :)
He was moaning about the install, but when she asked him about it he couldn't give a reason as to what was wrong with it ?
Anyway he fixed it so that's what counts, bit it did get me thinking about it so I have had a good look at what they did and it seems fine to me, scale reducer, maganclean filter, new gas pipe from the meter, new room thermostat, all new radiator valves and the work is neat and tidy.
I wonder what he was getting at ?

Regards...Ted
PS the little paper report he left had on it that he changed the PCB, and had the figures CO2 9.1, PPM <200 ?

Sounds like he guessed it was a flue fault and was about to blame the installer.

The CO2 9.1 ppm <200 (meaning Carbon Monoxide), shows he tested this. Installation now proven ok, he had to do some investigation. Even though it is now fixed, he may be worth reporting to the company. It is this blame culture amoung some of their engineers, that is upsetting so many installers and damaging a once good reputation.

Glad it's all sorted now.

I dont think that he should be reported without firm evidence of any ( wrong ) claims he might have made. I dont like grumpy people though. But many older people are inclined to describe some people as grumpy if they are not very talkative. Could be he was just concentrating on sorting a slightly unusual fault.

What does surprise me though is that I would expect any true engineer to actually write down the exact CO reading rather than just saying < 200.

When visiting a boiler its always nice to know what the readings were on previous engineer visits.

Tony

Thanks again, guy's.
Icwont be reporting the fell, we all have "off" days, and as you say Mum may have taken it the wrong way anyway.
By coincedence I bumped in to an old pal of mine this morning in this industry and he was saying that Valiant engineers are quite well known for this attitude of trying to find something wrong with a new installation ?
Regards......Ted

Personally i would say vaillant are one of the better manufacturers for warranty visits. Some of the less reputable makes seem to have a policy of using agents rather than direct labour. They tend to try and find any reason not to repair the boiler.

Vaillant now do a system turbidity test and put on the report if it is below 200ppm nothing to do with the combustion reading.

Vaillant now do a system turbidity test and put on the report if it is below 200ppm nothing to do with the combustion reading.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back