Valiant/megaflo discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what I'm thinking. Megatech heats from stone cold and brim full... drip drip drip drip drip.

What it doesn't explain, is that reheating from warm, there's no discharge, but the expanding water must be going somewhere?!

I'd contact the original installer, but he's gone to Canada...

Sponsored Links
thats what I'm thinking. Megatech heats from stone cold and brim full... drip drip drip drip drip.
The drip is a good sign, because it means that the T&PRV is working.

If you can't find an EV somewhere, then you should install one immediately.

I'd contact the original installer, but he's gone to Canada...
I guess he's banking on the explosion not reaching that far.

Yikes - should I be evacuating the house?!
Probably.
Coldberk, you have once again proven your complete lack of understanding of heating issues.
The worst that can happen with a failed or missing ev, is the prv starts dripping. :rolleyes:
Why don't you leave giving advise to those that have the qualifications and experience to do so?

goldberk said:
The drip is a good sign, because it means that the T&PRV is working.

words fail me
hot-sun-192.gif

Sponsored Links
Back to the OP !

The boiler has a pressure release valve ( PRV ) and that should be vented to the outside!

The unvented cylinder should also have a vent to its temperature and pressure release valve ( T&PV )

I interpreted your "dripping" to be from the boiler's PRV vent pipe.

I now think that it must be from the cylinder.

The result is that every time the cylinder warms up, if no one uses hot water during the warm up then the T&PV will drip.

The simple solution is to fit a 25 li potable ( white ) expansion vessel.

As your installer was not registered to fit unvented cylinders you should ensure that the EXV is fitted by a qualified person who can check the installation is safe!

Do you have solar collectors fitted?

Tony

The cylinder is a megatech CL210 solar, not megaflo.

No sign of an EXV anywhere - except the one integral to the boiler (ecotec 624)

Yikes - should I be evacuating the house?!

Looking more like a Goldberk job every day.

I would be concerned about who fitted it, and whether it was notified under part G, as someone has clearly fitted a potentially life threatening installation.

Just to clarify as we are finally getting the salient information at last, what pressure is going up from 1.0 Bar to 1.6 Bar?

I have concluded thats the boiler pressure! Is that correct?

My view is still that increase is excessive and indicates an undersizing or problem with the boilers inbuilt EXV ( thats unusual on that model ).

I did ask about the number and size of the rads but like a lot of other questions we have not received any answers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back