Megaflo CL 210

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have moved into a house with a megaflo unvented cylinder which I am unfamiliar with. I have read up on the workings of the cylinder but have a couple of issues currently.

Firstly the pressure seems to have gone down from when we first moved in. I did follow the sequence to replenish the air gap but when you turn on the shower and then the bathroom sink tap the shower practically stops. By the way when I replenished the air gap I had to turn off the cold water at the mains stopcock as the lever on the cold water combination valve did not seem to be working. I could turn the plastic lever 90 degrees but I did not feel that the lever actually did anything.

Secondly there seems to be a small discharge of water from the discharge pipe on a regular basis.

I assume the pressure loss & water discharge can be caused by one of the valves not seating properly or the strainer may be blocked. I have not attempted to check the strainer as yet. Is there anything else I can do a basic check on.

The boiler was serviced before we purchased the house but I would assume that this only means the boiler and not the megaflo. As a matter of interest with boiler cover that includes a service will this also include an annual check on the megaflo or does this have to be done separately, or is there boiler cover that incorporates the Megaflo maintenance check .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back