Valiant/megaflo discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I mentioned the megaflo bubble as I'm not completely sure whether the discharge is from the CH/HW circuit, or from the megaflo heating from cold, and they both discharge through the same pipe - see my first post)
Fair point, but all you need to do is uncouple the outlet from the CH PRV to see if water is coming from there. Clearly you need to do this when the water is discharging.

View media item 14311

Sponsored Links
iit doesn't matter whether the boiler is in the attic or on the ground floor - the pressure is the same at all points in the system...

Congratulations berk, that really is the dumbest statement you have produced so far in your entire "career" on this forum, and that takes some doing; you can start a competition with ^woody^. :rolleyes:

The water in a system is still subject to gravity, and therefore the pressure at the bottom will be approxiamtely 0.25 - 0.3 bar higher than it is the floor above.

To the op,
goldberg is not a plumber, or a RGI, and in fact, does not seem to have a job at all. He likes to pretend to be an expert, but has no experience in the heating industry whatsoever; the statement above is just one example of many that demonstrates this.

but all you need to do is uncouple the outlet from the CH PRV to see if water is coming from there. Clearly you need to do this when the water is discharging.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This one is about as good as your other blunder.
Why don't you tell the op exactly how you imagine doing this in a step by step way?

it gets better

goldberk said:
I'm not as sure as you that he's got it wrong - I spend most of time correcting things that the original installers would swear was "no problem".

the boy is off is trolley :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It's a sealed system.

If the discharge is from the boiler it will only usually happen when the boiler is heating up.

The unvented should have a tun dish immediately after the T&P valve. You can confirm if the discharge is from that by putting a piece of tissue paper through the air gap and seeing if it gets wet!

Now the excessive pressure rise!

Can you count the number of radiators and indicate if they are big or small and single or double panel. Also say if they are special types oither then flat steel panel types. I expect we will find the volume is in excess of the 70 li that the boiler's EXV can handle.

Tony

The unvented should have a tun dish immediately after the T&P valve. You can confirm if the discharge is from that by putting a piece of tissue paper through the air gap and seeing if it gets wet!
Many unvented installations have a single tundish shared by the cylinder TP&P valve, AND the combination valve, AND the CH PRV (if its mounted near the cylinder).

keep digging pratt your bound to get something right before long

just not yet
penguin-007.gif

Thanks all for your replies

I'm going to monitor things, and if it continues or gets worse I'll refill the boiler expansion vessel and regenerate the megaflo bubble

Thanks again

Someone has to say it so it may as well be me. :rolleyes:

The boiler expansion vessel is fine without any need for outside intervention, if anything the vessel is slightly undersized, so don't touch it.

Now for the bombshell, The "Megatech" is a twin coil cylinder for solar and boiler, and unless I'm very much mistaken :eek: it should have an external expansion vessel, and not an internal bubble.

Rushes off to find a manual before too many read it. ;)

Based on the evidence admitted so far by the owner, the type of cylinder is probably irrelevant.

A Megatech does use an external 25 litre EXV.

However, this is an owner who confused his 624 boiler with a 428 !

He is even more likely to have confused a Magnatech with a Megaflow !

Tony

The cylinder is a megatech CL210 solar, not megaflo.

No sign of an EXV anywhere - except the one integral to the boiler (ecotec 624)

Yikes - should I be evacuating the house?!

Had a look at the installation manual - does indeed appear to need an external EXV.

Surely the lack of this is a problem? Or am I missing something?

The cylinder is a megatech CL210 solar, not megaflo.

No sign of an EXV anywhere - except the one integral to the boiler (ecotec 624)
Heatrae Sadia said:
WaterExpansion:
Via remote expansion vessel (supplied).
18 litre vessel for 190 and 210 litre models.
25 litre vessel for 250 and 300 litre models.

Yikes - should I be evacuating the house?!
Probably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back