Valiant turbomax 824 no hot water CH okay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a valiant turbomax 824e that is not producing hot water for the taps.
The central heating works fine, but if I have the CH on or off the hot water doesn't work reliably. It will sometimes fire up and produce some hot water for about 10/20 seconds but very rarely does really hot come out. When I turn the heating on the boiler fires up, Orange light goes on, and starts heating the water. but this does not happen when I just turn the hot water on, no Orange light and no hot water, or orange light comes on for a short period, a bit of warm water and eventually goes cold and light goes out.
I'm guessing it could be the diverter valve and I have changed the Heater exchange in the past 6 years ago.
We haven't changed the scale Inhibitor for a few years until now which will have caused issues.

Any ideas on test I can do to isolate the problem. I possibly could replace the diverter valve but would appreciate any advice before I make any changes.

Thanks Abe

Sponsored Links
Last service?
Get it diagnosed by a repair tech and have it serviced at the same time. Health check will highlight other issues that may be present/looming.
Would you MOT your own car?

It could be one (or a combination) of several factors and impossible to accurately diagnose without being in front of the appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back