Vallaint Combi Turbo Max Plus loop valve pressure adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a Vallaint combia turbomax plus 824e boiler. The water pressure keeps drooping to 0.2. I have had a plumber in before to look at it and he increased the pressure of the loop valve with a key because the screwdriver head directly on the valve is very worn out making it impossible to adjust with a screwdriver. I am trying to find this key with recesses into the valve and allows me to adjust the pressure but I can't find one online anywhere. Would you be able to help me with this in any way ? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Possibly an allen key. Can you post a photo?

Unfortunately for you, your boiler has probably the worst filling link design ever!

But don't worry the key is available here:
http://ebay.co.uk/itm/VAILLANT-TURB...VE-HANDLE-KEY-125151-/360491203015?nav=SEARCH

And if the valve is too damaged for the key to work, you can get the whole valve here:
http://ebay.co.uk/itm/VAILLANT-TURB...UT-NON-RETURN-014675-/361105574932?nav=SEARCH

However. If you are having to top up regularly. You need to get an engineer to diagnose why. It could either be a leak somewhere on the system or a problem with the expansion vessel or prv inside the boiler.

Regular topping up is not good for the boiler and system.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thank you very much you have helped a lot. Is there a better valve loop I could have installed ??

You could have an external one fitted, it would be much easier to operate, but you would need a plumber to install it so best just to get a new key for the one you have now.

That's what I was thinking Bunnyman, but knowing how there are several different systems sometimes its easier to just keep quiet in case I am wrong in this particular case!

I must be thinking of an earlier filling link. I'm sure there was a vaillant one around that was just 2 big round slotted screws, rather than the smaller square version? It came with a slotted key that was useless. i'm sure bunny will correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back