Vallant Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can please someone tell me why the boiler leaks red colour water from the overflow pipe.

Also how to reduce the temperature in the gauge without switching off total(i have to reset)

Thanks
Reena

Sponsored Links
Its not an overflow! Its a pressure relief valve vent.

The water is reddish because it full of iron oxides.

Your boiler is in a very poor condition!

Tony

hi Tony

Thanks for your reply.

does that mean I have to replace my boiler or can I have it serviced?

do i need to change the pressure relief valve?

How can this problem be solved?

HI

try fernox system cleaner first if that does not cure then boiler might have to be replaced.

Sponsored Links
I don't see any alarm bells saying the boiler has to be replaced - yet.
There's a number of fairly minor things which can cause that valve to leak. Then the boiler might well need some claning internally. You don't say what/how old the boiler is, but there's usually plenty that can be done to fix this sort of problem.

Hi

The boiler is a Vaillant 242e, the boiler was here when i moved in and that was 5 yrs ago.

The pressure relief vavle is still leaking which is making the pressure to drop.

If i turn the hot tap on the boiler makes a loud noise as if it is going to burst.

the temp. raises past 90 degrees and then the boiler goes into auto swich OFF. I have to wait a few mins till the temp goes down and then reset the boiler.

Most likely blocked heat exchanger, pressure vessel might need repressurising and i would renew pressure relief valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back