Urgent help needed on my Vallant eco pro combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!, i have a Vallant eco pro combi (no instruction manual), i want to add a radiator to my system (all the pipes are there however, i need to extend the pipework slightly.
My problem is what do i do, can i freeze the pipes and quickly use push fit fittings
or, can i shut off rads and drain system (how do i do this)
or do i reduce pressure and quickly attach pipework.
My worry is that i don't want any airlocks particually when it's near Christmas and i don't want to be without heating (need to do it b4 christmas)
Help please!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
get a 2kw electric heater

put in room to be heated

post back after Xmas and UK is not in minus temperatures

honestly its in your best interests

You can isolate the boiler and each of the rads.

Then all you have to drain is the pipework.

I dont like push fit fittings and would always use soldered by choice.

In your case I would use copper pipe for the new work but make the final connections with compression as it avoids any difficulties with soldering wet pipes and can be done quickly on a "snatch" change over.

Tony

get a 2kw electric heater

put in room to be heated

post back after Xmas and UK is not in minus temperatures

honestly its in your best interests

follow the good advice,you may still have a marriage in the new year ;)

Sponsored Links
Agile, thanks for that however, will i get an airlock? how do you re fill the system
Cheers

I was thinking of freezing the pipes, topping up the new rad from the bleed connection (limiting the amount of air in the system) then, opening the flow on the valve, bleeding new rad then opening the lockshield.
is this OK, then how do i top up the pressure and is there any dangers of the heating not working???
Dave

Refill by using the filling loop (two plastic handles under the boiler) up to 1.2-1.5 bar.

Prime boiler by pressing the + key for 5secnds while you turn the boiler on - should read P.0 on screen. Loosen the air vent cap before doing this.

Any air will work its way round - just bleed the rads a couple of times ove r the next week or so

I was thinking of freezing the pipes, topping up the new rad from the bleed connection (limiting the amount of air in the system) then, opening the flow on the valve, bleeding new rad then opening the l ockshield.
is this OK, then how do i top up the pressure and is there any dangers of the heating not working???
Dave

Fine, but no need to keep the locksheld closed while you do this - by doing so you will already have introduced air into the rad from the empty bit of new pipework. Don't worry about getting air into the system - it will clear soon enough. And don't rush anything. Finally, makke sure that the rad is hung and all pipework to it is connected before trying to make the connection

Look here for user manuals and installation guides as a starting point if you want information on controls

dextrous";p="1445997 said:
Refill by using the filling loop (two plastic handles under the boiler) up to 1.2-1.5 bar.

Eco-tec PRO are you sure they have a built in filling loop???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back