Valley leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello good people.

I have had new lead valleys installed which four are leaking. I would just like to know if this looks correct.

kind regards

Attachments

• IMG_9116.jpeg
    IMG_9116.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9118.jpeg
    IMG_9118.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
Hi New Forest Roofer

Thanks for your response. I spoke with my roofer today about it not looking right and some are leaking. His response was he will cement them up. Can I ask what is wrong with them.

He most likely means he's going to fill the gaps either side with cement to stop water ingress. Which begs the question, if he thinks this needs done, why didn't he do it in the first place. Like this:

roof valley.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi diy fun uk

Thanks for your response.
He did cement them up but he coved the water channel in the tiles which was causing even more leaks, he took the cement out and told me he would back bed them which is putting the cement behind the lead, told me they would be 100% water tight which some are not. He’s coming back tomorrow to cement the face of the valley up but leave the water channel in the tiles free. I was also told roofers never cement on a undercloak straight on the lead. Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back