Valliant Combi VCW Sine 18 T3 boiler - overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know why my boiler is overheating? when i click the thermostat after about 5 minutes it seems to stay on a high flame and continues on a high flame all the way to 100+ degrees then drops to a low flame. On a low flame the temp drops to around 50 degrees and the whole cycle repeats itself all over again.

Anyone?

Sponsored Links
I would say it definatly needs a engineer to look at it as there is a number of tests required to diagnose this boiler, is this on C/H or hot water that this is happening? From what you are saying seems it does modulate eventually just way out of its normal limits I would be suspecting temp sensor on the left of the boiler or a PCB fault. The thermistor should have a resistance between 200 - 300 ohms when the boiler is at temp (around 80 degrees).

Hi thanks for replying. Problem only with the central heating, hot water is fine. ntc resistor has already been swapped from another identical boiler and still have the same symptoms as before.

Sponsored Links
carlosg, if you're talking about the same problem on the same boiler you should post on the existing topic and not start a new topic every few days. Otherwise we don't know what points have already been covered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back