valliant combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Wonder if someone can help me ,looking for parts diagram so i can find out what part i need . it is at the bottom of boiler has two pipes at top and two pipes at bottom, and its leaking don't know what its called. Cheers esdan :confused:

Sponsored Links
That's a bit like saying you've got a Ford and it's got leaking pipes so what's the trouble.

Model, position, ...

It's more like saying you've got a Frod ! It's Vaillant, not Valliant.

Sponsored Links
If it was a ford i would be able to fix it . it is a vcw gb 242e it looks like a water container or something it sits behind the off/on switch

Behind the on off switch is a box of electrics.

If you mean a black tall thing over to the left it's the secondary heat exchanger - they leak. I have this feeling you're none the wiser. But if you do a search you'll find stuff about changing it, within the last fortnight.

You'll have to give us a better description. What size are the 4 pipes coming out? About 6mm, 15mm, 20mm diameter? What colour/material is the part? Where exactly is it leaking?

its the tall black thing, spot on thanks . will try to get one tomorrow

If its black and looks like 3 cylinders stuck together its the dhw heat exchanger that part is now obsolete and a new kit comes with modified pipes to retrofit a stainless dhw heat exchanger pt 474847 http://www.partscenter.co.uk/hrpc/default.html
475286.gif

ps make sure it comes as a kit with pipes

Fitting a new heat exchanger is much more complicated than you think. Best to get a boiler engineer to do it.

I would allow at least 1.5 hours and I spend much of my time repairing boilers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back