Valliant Eco tec Plus 937 cond combi CH problem

Not sure what happens on the vaillants without WC but with the smart control. It could work as a load compensator ie it will adjust output according to the heat gain required in the room not sure if the vaillnat controls can work like this

I.E.

if it needs to raise the temp by 5c it will work flat out then as it nears the set point it will reduce or cycle the boiler.

Maybe Alex can confirm

Sponsored Links
Outside sensor should be on a north facing wall.

Interesting that Vaillant say use 2.8 though! :LOL:

Thanks mate, going to pop round for a look this weekend i think, and yes it looks like you are spot on with the 2.8, if I'm honest I still don't fully understand it all :LOL:
But if that's what valliant say then that's what I'm going to follow, and like you said when running at 2.8 the rads were HOT and that's what I'm looking for.
Just hope that bloody sensor is there otherwise it's another job on the list!!!
Thanks for everyone's help and input on here and I will be back with an update.

Update; been round and followed valliant instructions and can confirm that it does not have a weather compensator it's just a wireless programable thermostat (the control panel is identical in looks to the wether compensator panel). Went through the instruction and no option to set heating curve came up hence this is how I know it's not one.
I then changed the bar pressure on the boiler from 0.9 to 2.0 and straight away the radiators all heat up nice and hot in no time at all :D
Happy with the simple fix and piping hot radiators now. Thanks all for your input on this thread and hope it may be usefull to others.

Sponsored Links
Is controller a 350 it's probably been set to analogue instead of set point, common problem post back controller type

Arghhhhh haha! Will have to check when im back there this week, but I checked outside the house and there is no outdoors weather sensor so looks even more like the inside unit is not a weather compensator?
But are you saying we should be able to change the heating curve in the model we have? I thought the heating curve just related to the weather compensator model only? I'm confused again now?
Main thing is though that the heat seems fine now :)

It's difficult to explain mate no offense, but the 350-360 controls if set to analogue alter the temp they giv the radiators depending on the difference between your actual room temp an what temp u set it at, so if u want 25deg an it's 17 at the mo it will tell boiler u want high flow temp ie 90 deg, as the temp gap narrows ie temp reaches 22. The boiler will bring flow temp down to say 50deg,regardless of where u have the knob on the boiler,
Ps this is not the weather comp controller but it looks the same an gas built in algorithm s

No offence taken and thanks for posting as i really do want to learn how to get the best I can from this boiler. Albeit I'm still lost as to what to do here haha. I will let you know the model number though when I can, I did try and look on the control panel itself but couldn't see any indication of the model unlike the boiler itself which had the model number in about 3 different places?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back