Valliant ecotec Not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Valliant ecotec boiler not firing up or pump running
*Power on
*Voltage confirmed to PCB
*Digital display shows pressure at 0.0 bar, dial gauge shows pressure in mid grey position
*Digital display shows "con" message no fault codes
*Switch display sometimes comes on sometimes not, does on occasion display "T5 140"

Any ideas what the issue is?

Sponsored Links
Only ever had the con error twice on the digital display.
1st was digital display & 2nd was main pcb both pro 28's....
Maybe the bunnies can elaborate on identifying the fault " good luck "

Sponsored Links
Did u get any water near pcb? This can cause con, sometimes cured by drying thorough with hair drier, if not then pcb change ;)

No easy way to tell I'm afraid... As Bunnyman says Main PCB, but sometimes it can be the display board, and sadly sometimes both PCB's. It doesn't happen very often though thank goodness. Double check loom hasn't got wet anywhere and pins on display board are sitting correctly through main PCB.

No water ingress from anywhere, everything looks very dry and unaffected by water, will have a second look for your things that have been pointed out.

Gave it another look over this morning all seemed dry and no loose or damp connections, sourced a local PCB for £80, just replaced it. Now all up and working as before, so that's grand!
Thanks for the replies, it what I expected it to be, but as no fault codes were displayed as per manual, other than con, which states the main board is not communicating, which left me to feel it was the PCB, but thank you greatly for confirming the likelihood of this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back