Valor gas fire wont go out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I've a valour adorn LFE gas fire, which when you close the slide at the end of the evening, stays on. It will eventually turn off after several minutes.

The slide linkages are apparently correct. If you disconnect the linkage and close the 'valve?' under the fire it still stays on.

Have thoroughly cleaned the fire and chimney.

I can find many articles about fires not staying on or not lighting, but nothing about them not going off..

Any ideas?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Common problem i know whats wrong, get someone thats used to working on fires to have a look at it. Till then its best not to use the fire.

This sounds like it would be the microswitch

the part number for this is 0540959

If it is a genuine fault, which this seems to be, as long as it is no more than 15 months old Valor are often sympathetic and may send you the part FOC if you are prepared to get someone to fit the part.

You can find the numbers for service and spares
here http://www.gasfire.co.uk/valor_service.htm

Sponsored Links
Thanks Harry that's informative. I have actually phoned my plumber an am waiting for him to come back to me because the fire smells a little 'gassy' now.(and I've told the boss not to use it).

Would the faulty micro switch also be responsible for the smell (when lit), a different (more orangy) flame and intermittent roaring - those last two were the last symptoms before I shut it off, disconnected it and called the plumber.

- I'm in wild wales, my plumber doesn't come straight back to me, but he uses my business, and if I call someone else, he'll get to hear...(just to explain...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back