Valves for isolating flow and return to radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a slow renovation of an old property several radiators in one section of the house require renewing / relocating and there will be an additional radiator fitted. I would like to isolate this section of the heating so the rest of the house can still be heated and have hot water (combi boiler so needs pressure in the heating system for hot water).

Is draining and installing valves in the flow and return pipes feeding this area a good idea or could it cause problems? If not, what valves would you recommend please? I was thinking of full bore quarter-turn ball valves as I find these shut off fully and don’t take up too much space.

Sponsored Links
Its a good idea..... it means that you can remove the rads later - for decorating or whatever - with the minimum of fuss. You can also have some rads commissioned, and some not. Just top up the inhibitor every time a rad is shifted.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I'm sure they will be fine.....as it happens I used Screwfix 29088, Pegler and British Gas approved. Excellent gear, and with my project they were under a suspended timber floor.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back