Van racking..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
well I was getting fed up with my van being in such a mess, so spent today sorting it out. Built a frame work all out of aluminium and then fitted plastic crates (the same as tesco use to deliver shopping) in as draws to holder various stuff including conduit fittings, accessories, metal boxes, meters etc etc..
Below is a before picture and after pictures. There is still some work to do including a bit more racking for some sorta boxes and more led strip lighting inside.

Sponsored Links
My LED strip lighting comes off repeatedly, I tried sticking it straight to the roof and condensation overnight just ruins the glue.

Had to stick it on the ply sides in the end

Sponsored Links
Come to think of it, while it's good for easy checking of what's in stock in the van, does it not possibly result in them collecting dust and dirt?

That's vantastic!:whistle:

I had a MWB HR Transit (company-supplied!) that was pro racked with shelving and clear wall mounted bins of 3 different sizes. An expensive job but made it very easy to store and find things.

I could walk through the van grabbing this that and the other easy as pie!

You're well on the way there.

My LED strip lighting comes off repeatedly, I tried sticking it straight to the roof and condensation overnight just ruins the glue.

Had to stick it on the ply sides in the end
I have led strip all ready around the sliding door. It is fine, but I did put a little blob of sticks like sh*t at the ends to keep it there. I will do the same when I do the roof. I will post more pictures when its done!

When getting quotes for van insurance, I have been asked, "Is it fitted with racking?" ... which the answer is always "No".

Don't know what the difference is, but assume there's a chance of the centre of gravity being higher, and therefore, an increase in the premium.

Not suggesting a reason not to do it, but maybe something you need to inform your insurance co. about.

When getting quotes for van insurance, I have been asked, "Is it fitted with racking?" ... which the answer is always "No".

Don't know what the difference is, but assume there's a chance of the centre of gravity being higher, and therefore, an increase in the premium.

Not suggesting a reason not to do it, but maybe something you need to inform your insurance co. about.

I'm sure I read it decreases the insurance premium if it's racked out, but I don't know at what point the 'racking' affects anything. It's surely better to stop all the crap flying around in the back.

Come to think of it, while it's good for easy checking of what's in stock in the van, does it not possibly result in them collecting dust and dirt?

Better than them being loose in a box/on a shelf and getting battered.

I'm also a big fan of the DIN rail, although I foolishly put mine up with a level (don't ask why!) and it looks super wonky now.

It is nice racking, but have you considered a system to stop the containers sliding out if you take a corner a little too quickly?

They're a huge PITA when you just need one and they've all locked them selves together :cautious:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back