vapour barrier, best type & where to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to vapour barrier over my internal stud wall but am struggling to locate a stockist.

I dont want to spend loads & only have 1 wall to cover with it, have seen screwfix & wickes version but wanted to know if there was a better alternative?

Also need to locate a stockist of the tyvek house wrap sheathing tape.
its red tape called tuck tape but can only find it online, was hoping to pick some up from a merchant?

Sponsored Links
AFAIK the Wickes and Sfix VB is the same product. It does the job as intended the only advancement would be thicker polythene, not much point as it's gonna be buried in the wall.
Just don't make any holes in it, and if you do tape them up.

If you haven't ordered your plasterboard yet then you can order the foil backed stuff which acts as vapour barrier without the need for poly.
Poly works out cheaper though and you only need a one handed 'lever type' stapler to put it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back