Vapour Barrier/Control Layer

30 Dec 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
The picture below is an external cavity wall within my kitchen that I have timber framed on the inside.

The voids are now filled with rigid insulation and will be covered with OSB and then plasterboard.

From memory I need some sort of vapour barrier/control layer between the studwork and OSB but I can’t for the life of me figure out what!

Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and sorry for poor quality pictures!

Sponsored Links
A vapour barrier goes on the warm side of the insulation and isn't breathable as the idea is to stop moisture. Breather membranes are to stop water penetration, but allow moisture out.
Sponsored Links
That's a heavy gauge for floors. Look for vapour barrier, probably 2.5x20M roll 300-500 gauge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links