Varilight Touch Dimmer Switch Ramdomly Switches Light On????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i was wondering if someone could help me out here. I have recently brought a Varilight touch dimmer switch and once installed everything seem fine, untill i woke up in the middle night with my living room light on lol. Now being in the living room all day it has ramdomly switched itself on a few times since being in here.

I have B&Q Ceiling spotlight which holds 4 50watt GU10 bulbs. And before i replaced it with the dimmer switch i had just a normal on and off switch which worked fine with my spotlights.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Had a customer last year who found their touch dimmer switched the lights on and off when the family were taking photographs (with flash). Is the dimmer somewhere it might catch headlights from passing cars?

pj

Wow, i live in a highrise flat on the 11th floor and i still get flashes of light on the ceiling from i guess cars passing by where i have not a clue how the light gets there. But i have closed the blinds and it don't come on which is good. I than got my digital camera out and took a pic of the dimmer switch with flash on and it turned on the lights, i than took a pic of the ceiling lights with the flash on and again it turned on the lights. I am so peed off because i paid a arm and a leg for this varilight dimmer, where it should state on the box or in the instruction manual about flashes of light. What a waste of £20 smackers or would i be able to get my money back? I brought it from a business seller from ebay.

Should i send this back for a replacement? or am i wasting my time because all touch dimmer switches do this?

Sponsored Links
if its a business seller, then in theory you should be able to return it under distance selling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back