Varilight Dimmer

I just wanted some help like i say im no electrician and i understand most people are here to help i did not know i had to buy another dimmer slave i thought it world work on a rocker switch .....so no need for some people to take the p... Cheers Breezer

Sponsored Links
gav43 said:
I just wanted some help like i say im no electrician and i understand most people are here to help i did not know i had to buy another dimmer slave i thought it world work on a rocker switch .....so no need for some people to take the p... Cheers Breezer
Sorry - this doesn't wash. You do not have to be an electrician to be able to understand this:

"Your VARILIGHT Remote Control and Touch Master Dimmer is suitable for 1-way circuits.
It can be used for 2-way circuits only if wired as shown below and using a VARILIGHT slave unit
."

Geez if any of you worked in IT support like me, you would have exploded. Do you know how many calls I get from people who say "my computer's broke" and it either:
1. Isn't on
2. Isn't connected
3. Explained what was wrong in an error msg which they closed and ignored.

It's frustrating, but you have to just point it out once, and let it ride!

Sponsored Links
I used to work (some of the time) on a helpline. We had this internal problem tracking/activity reporting/time recording/resolution recording software that we used.

A new manager decided it'd be really neat, when an incident was closed, to send the customer a copy of the report, showing him all the effort which had been expended on his behalf.

He didn't tell us he was doing this.

One day he got a call from a customer asking what the resolution "RTFM" meant....

Folks,

I've wired up the varilight switch, and it works really well.....
except that the light never actually turns off, it stays on really really dim, any ideas?

many thanks

Pete

the light is a 2 switch set-up wih a slave at one end, and a multi-way master at the other.

is there any way of proving which switch is faulty?

thanks

pete

I should say its the master, since the slave only tells the master what to do. (you could isolate the slave and see what happens)

The other thing is if you do not have ENOUGH load (not enough watt of lamps) this may also cause the lamp to glow, if so it is normal, and the only way round it is to use bigger lamp / more lamps

Cool, thanks for your help.

Have contacted the manufacturer and they also think the master is faulty, and are sending a replcement in the post, no questions asked, good service.

time will tell what the solution is, but thanks for all your help anyway.

regards

Pete

to be honest about it i personally do not think much to them, especially after a piece some one posted on here, it confirmed what i thought, trouble is i can't remember where the piece is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back