varnish/preservative/oil for a carport.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently building a timber built car-port. The roof will be covered with a Polycarbonate sheet system and I will be covering the facias and any timber directly exposed to the elements with GRP. On the inside however I want the wood to be it's natual colour so trying to choose the best varnish/preservative/oil. I want it to be low maintence and I don't mind spending some money on a decent coating. Is a standard polyurathane clear varnish the best product for this purpose?

Many thanks, Lee.

Sponsored Links
Take a look at Sikkens, and never use a polyurethane varnish on an exterior application.

Dec

Sponsored Links
a shed stain that's suitable for planed timber will be far better for a carport. Unlike varnish it will not need sanding when it is time to recoat. It will also allow the timber to breathe, unlike your GRP coating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back