Vaulted ceiling problem!

Robinsbank…. I can’t see this being the main problem… appreciate will defo be contributing too my problem
Just to clarify, you're saying you're getting condensation on the inside of your ceiling, now that you're using your kitchen to boil pans of water etc and the weather has turned freezing cold outside..

..and you think that the condensation you're seeing is external moisture coming in through your roof construction?

Sponsored Links
Noseall… it is passed off, it was a comment on his approval and I sorted it through other means! But yes I agree silly error

Robin, yes the surface of the ceiling is not condensating, it’s coming from
Inside the roof and running down as the back of the roof membrane is wet with condensation

Sponsored Links
Robin, yes the surface of the ceiling is not condensating, it’s coming from
Inside the roof and running down as the back of the roof membrane is wet with condensation
Its still an internal water vapour (condensation) issue. The vapour is hunting upwards for the first cold surface it finds.

Yeah totally, I’m hoping if I insulate board this will prevent my issue? Do you think and maybe put a Vcl before to be certain

Yeah totally, I’m hoping if I insulate board this will prevent my issue? Do you think and maybe put a Vcl before to be certain
You definitely need a robust VCL. It's the reason the vapour is migrating past the ceiling. Hence the reason we tape both layers to death AND use foil back (duplex) plasterboards.

I’m going to go for polythene Vcl the 25mm insulation and plasterboard staggered so I’m belt and braces

just need someone to do it as I cannot be bothered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back