Vaulted Ceiling Structual Design Calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Ive been trying to get build over sewer agreement for ages and finally have had that come through today so Im now trying to get ahead of things before we start work on our extension

We are hoping for a look similar to the following picture - it would be a bit smaller I would say and there is also a lowish angle on the roof too - so it pretty much like the pic along with two velux both sides of roof too - we are a bit worried about light!

2641300749444719857.jpg

I assume at some stage I will need to size the steel ridge beam?? An other things maybe I dont know

I suppose my question is - roughly anyone know how much this is likely to cost for design calcs or can you see anything that would be an issue anywhere?? any tips really

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I expect you'd be looking at about £250-350+VAT, you need a horizontal beam to support the little vertical one to support the ridge beam.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back