Vauxhall carlton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just out of interest what do you think of the very old Vauxhall Carlton. becaulse my sister has been saying to me to scrap my carlton what is now 19 years old but is more reliable than here Citroen saxo. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I don't recall ever driving a Carlton but I have driven several Cavaliers and they've all seemed just fine.

If you're happy with it, and it's reliable, and continues to pass the MOT - why change it? A Carlton is a lot of (very comfortable) car for next to no money, and you don't have all the expense of a new car (finance, servicing etc).

Read this post I made about 2 years ago: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14822

And certainly don't buy a Saxo!!!!

I had an old Carlton, a good old car, mine had covered mega miles before the auto box let go :eek:

rabu said:
just out of interest what do you think of the very old Vauxhall Carlton. becaulse my sister has been saying to me to scrap my carlton what is now 19 years old but is more reliable than here Citroen saxo. :confused:

Whats the point of scrapping a perfectly good car.
You become road tax exempt after 20 years doncha ? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
J..M said:
You become road tax exempt after 20 years doncha ? :LOL:
nope, thats what they had us belive when they brought out the exemption, but then the year of exemption has stuck on 1972 (or there abouts!)

Back