Vauxhall combo/corsa external temperature sensor location?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

My Combo van has started to display the external temperature much higher than it used to.
Today, in January, it displayed 35C....probably wrong!

My questions are twofold:

1. Where is the sensor located? I suppose it must be at the front to avoid engine heat, but a quick scan of that area failed to locate it.

2. Does the vehicle use this sensor for any other purpose other than the display?

MM

Sponsored Links
Pretty sure they are clipped to the front bumper, down by the fog light area. Some have been in the middle of the grille and others are in the drivers side wing mirror!
Im fairly certain they operate the display and nothing else.
John :)

I found it!
It is in the black plastic grille just below and to the left of the lower corner of the radiator (when viewed from the front).
The dc resistance at about 20C was 2.5kohm. On reconnection the temperature display showed 10C (too cold), but then ramped up to 45C where it is today.
I tried a 10kohm thermistor in there temporarily, and it read 10C, but didn't leave it connected long enough to see if it settled at a sensible value (ambient temp was about 20C that day).

If a new sensor doesn't fix the problem there is another connector that allows you to unclip the bumper that corrodes and gives an incorrect reading

Sponsored Links
Back