vauxhall combo engine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone i've got a big problem with my sons combo diesel van, firstly
it wouldn't start and was very smokey, so our local garage put it on the computer and it said egr valve and air mass meter so we changed them, then we changed the crank sensor, now it won't rev over 1500 rpm and the top end has a knocking noise previously the engine was sweet as a nut, so back on the computer and the forums so we had the timing checked as i had read of the timing chain problems, however everything all pinned into position so that was ruled out, we've had the turbo out now and thats ok as well, has anyone got any ideas as what this could be as we and the garage are now really stuck and my son is demented as the vans been off road for 4 weeks today!! any thoughts would be gratefully accepted and thanks for reading my whine regards andy :(

Sponsored Links
Ensure the air intake pipes are good with no holes and are not leaking (engine side of turbo) or closing (filter side of turbo) when the engine needs air. Disconnect the exhaust to ensure its not blocked.
Hopefully the knocking will disappear if the engine becomes unrestricted, or is it a severe engine knock? Was it burning engine oil, before the problems started?

Sticking tappets, another thing to keep in mind if the engine oil was not regularly changed

Sponsored Links
Back