Vauxhall corsa c wiper issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

the wipers on my corsa c go down before going up for the complete sweep its more of an annoyance than anything else as it bangs on the plastic scuttle panel, I have had wipers and scuttle panel off and can see that the motor is a replacement from scrappys and both linkage arms look new my neighbour is convinced its a relay issue although I cant see this as they work on all three settings and park so im wondering when whoever replaced the motor didnt bolt everything back together correctly any ideas greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

carl

Sponsored Links
If the wipers park in the correct position on the screen, then its probably an internal fault in the motor gearbox, also check for any wear in the spindles and linkage, try moving the arms by hand

Hi,
This appears to be a common VX problem. I have 2 Mk4 Astras (that I believe use the same motor) that developed the same problem, the wipers start on a downstroke before completing the sweep. Eventually this led to it not parking correctly and then only completing half a sweep before parking at the top of the sweep. No fault in the relay or the linkage.
I replaced the motors with new ones (£75 each) and now work perfectly.
Problem with using 2nd hand motors is that they probably have the same wear fault that most end up with.

Sponsored Links
Back