Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9 cdti cutting off after iddle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I wonder if anyone might be able to help me out. I have a vivaro 55 plate 1.9 cdti with 90k on the clock. It cuts out when I let it iddle. If I start it and drive off straight away and never let it iddle its ok and will go forever but as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator and let it roll forward (in gear) something goes wrong and it cutts off when i push the accelerator again. Same when I put in neutral for a few seconds, once I try to accelerate away, it cuts off but if I rev it up before accelerating with the clutch down it will stay on 2-3k rpm for a second and then it clears itself out and revs ok. It starts back first turn and no engine managment light comes up. Im guessing its something to do with pressure in the comonrail. I did put diesel in it a few weeks ago that had been left in a jar for about 6 months so im wondering it could be something to do with that. I only put about £20 in. I have had another problem since getting the van 6 months ago which is it wont rev past 4k rpm (in gear). It does not really bother me as the tourqe is good enough to change gear before reaching 3k rpm so havent tried to repair that problem. My mate has got a diagnostic computer but hes away on holiday for a month and I dont really know how to use it (he says that it wont show anything up if theres no engine managment light anyway!) so Im wondering if theres somethig I coud have a look at or change. Anyone else had a similar problem? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance, Sion
:?:

Sponsored Links
Back