vaxhaull vivaro 2.0 cdti 08 wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
vaxhaull vivaro 2.0 cdti 08 plat

saturday- i left the light on in side as i forgot to close the drivers door propaly, the same time the van moved down in first gear on the drive, went i tried to moved the van, it was hard to start, so i put a secound battery to it and it started but sounded like it was only working on 1or2 pistons, it had no power it wont even get to 2000rpm, came back home and took the battery out, to get it charged.

sunday- put the battery back in and tried to start it, and it took quite a long while, when i finally got it started it sounded like its not getting any diesle, and you could put the foot down and it wont go on revs, and it would cut off, every time i try to start it, the service light comes on and the plugs light come on.

plug it into computer and it comes up with one fault and that is (P0340) and that is the camshaft position sensor, so i got the camshaft and the crankshaft position sensors changed and it still does the same and every time i delete the fault, then every time i try to start it, it comes up with the same code (P0340).

any ideas what it could be ???

camchain jumped a tooth??
camshaft snapped ??
or anything else ??
only done about 97000 miles
and had a service done 1000 miles ago and a leak came out so the same time had to get it stripped and a seal went between the engine and gear box
thing that were chagned :
fule filter
air filter
oil filter
fresh oil
new cluth set
new gasket

:D :D

Sponsored Links
you could take off some covers and examine the chain area first but i dont think that is your problem.
I would examine the wiring loom to the cam sensor paying attention to the sensor connections and any multi plugs along its run.

These vans are so possessed with problems, I fail to see their popularity.....did the problem occur after you attempted to bump start the thing down the drive?
John :)

it started working like this after the battery was flat and no i didnt bump it, it roled down a bit when it was in first gear, as i was packing it up to go out in it on sunday?

and i have changed the crankshaft and the camshaft sensors al ready brand new the have bean checked and they work on thoes types of vans.
but the fault has bean deleted on a little computer from ebay
could it be that the fault has gone into system and the little comp does not reach the mian comp in the car and doesnt delete the fault ?

should i get it deleted on a propa comp ?? :(

Sponsored Links
Check the timing marks and as already said wiring to the sensors.

Disconnect the battery for an hour, reconnect clear the fault codes and see what happens?

it started working like this after the battery was flat and no i didnt bump it, it roled down a bit when it was in first gear, as i was packing it up to go out in it on sunday?

and i have changed the crankshaft and the camshaft sensors al ready brand new the have bean checked and they work on thoes types of vans.
but the fault has bean deleted on a little computer from ebay
could it be that the fault has gone into system and the little comp does not reach the mian comp in the car and doesnt delete the fault ?

should i get it deleted on a propa comp ?? :(

A dealer level machine will be able to look at the sensor switching, this should tell you if you have lost a signal.
Your machine is ok for reading codes and resetting the management light but thts about it.

Back