Diesel Peugeot 407 not starting only in mornings

When my car had that problem it was a small leak after the NR valve.

Not easy to see when as dirty as my engine was.

Sponsored Links
I now have the same problem - 2008 407 HDI 2.0 SW - all the same symptoms - did you ever resolve the problem?

Hi. I now have the same problem - Peugeot Expert 2009, 2.0 hdi - all the same symptoms - did you ever resolve the problem?
PLEASE HELP.

it looks to me like that was a preliminary solution for the original person
(shown on page 1)

Hi quick update pressed that black pump thing this morning it was quiet soft so pumped it seen fuel going around with air bubbles in it so once I couldn't pump anymore put key in turned started straight away...

Have you tried it yet?

Sponsored Links
Check fuel cap vent is clear , if fuel is drawn from tank and air cannot replace it a partial vacuum is formed sucking fuel back to tank .

Hi Guy's
just seen this thread. I had this issue a few years ago with a 12 yr old deisel and it drove me mad taking 15 min to start every morning and then perfect all day. tried lots of things and nothing worked. Then a friend of mine who likes tinkering with cars siad lets change those small rubber pipes about 10mm in dia. I bought a 2m length of pipe for £5 of ebay and used the old ones as a guide to length and cut new ones and the car worked fine again.
Turns out the old rubber pipes were corroding and letting air in and the fuel was draining back into the tank slowly over night making it very difficult to start in the morning.

Back